Dillon County Museum
The Dillon County Museum is located in the restored office of the late Dr. Henry Edwards. The building was constructed in 1915. His son, Luther, a dentist, operated his practice from the office. The building was deeded to the Dillon County Historical Society by Dr. Luther's daughter, Dr. Carolyn Edwards. In 1996, The Society began the restoration of the office building. The office building and the family residence next door (the first two story house in Latta) are on the National Register of Historic Places.
The Museum offers a turn of the twentieth century glimpse of life in Dillon County. Documents, photographs, and other memorabilia trace the history of the area.
Dr. Luther Edwards' office
Dr. Luther Edwards' dental office
Displays of cotton and tobacco agricultural artifacts
Restored antique railroad caboose with railroad artifacts
Other historical artifacts
Tours can be arranged for the Dillon County Museum.
Call 843-752-7342 to schedule tours, and for days and hours open.